- 2 tablespoons butter, or butter substitute
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup milk, or unsweetened nut milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups dry elbow pasta, prepared
- In a large pot over medium heat, add butter and allow to melt. Once melted, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika, and stir until combined.
- Slowly add in milk, whisking as you pour. Cook for 3-5 minutes, whisking frequently until thickened.
- Add nutritional yeast and whisk to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and combine well, adding a little more milk if necessary to reach desired creaminess and serve.